Sometimes regular porridge (aka oatmeal) just isn’t enough.
Maybe you’ve got the in-laws visiting (in line with local lockdown rules) or just fancy showing off your new cooking skills to your partner and the kids or your housemates.
In any case, this Apple & Cinnamon Porridge Bake is sure to do just the trick.
Apple & Cinnamon Porridge BakeCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Sometimes regular porridge just isn’t enough. That’s where something like this Apple & Cinnamon Porridge Bake comes in!
3 cups rolled oats
2 cups almond milk
2 red apples
8 medjool dates
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp almond butter
- Soak the oats in the almond milk in a bowl. While they’re soaking, preheat your oven to 200C (fan oven 175C).
- Peel the apples and grate onto a plate. Then, slice the dates in half and remove the pits if they’re not removed already, then cut into eighths.
- Once the oats have been soaking for 10 minutes, stir in the grated apple, chopped dates, cinnamon, honey and almond butter, then pour it all into a baking dish.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed and the top starts changing colour.
- Protein: 10g | Carbs: 100g | Fats: 10g