This Asparagus Pesto Pasta with Garlic Mushrooms is a great little vegan dish with some Italian flavours thrown in there because that’s always a good idea.
Asparagus Pesto Pasta with Garlic MushroomsCourse: LunchDifficulty: Intermediate
This Asparagus Pesto Pasta with Garlic Mushrooms is a great little vegan dish with some Italian flavours thrown in.
160g asparagus, trimmed and chopped
150g tagliatelle pasta
120g portobello mushroom, chopped
1 whole red bell pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
10 sprays 1-kcal cooking spray
- Boil the asparagus in a saucepan of water for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Pull the asparagus from the water and blend in a food blender or in a bowl with a blending wand until it’s a paste. Mix with the pesto. Use the same water to boil the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Fry the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes before reducing the heat and adding garlic for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pasta once cooked. Add the diced pepper to the pasta and stir in the mushrooms and asparagus/pesto paste.Season lightly and serve.
- Season lightly and serve.
- Protein: 25g | Carbs: 100g | Fats: 11g