Wait, you want me to put the eggs IN the toast??
That’s right! Who says the egg always has to go on top of the toast or in-between the slices?
This is sometimes called eggs-in-a-hole and it’s a great way to mix things up and kids love it!
Avocado & Eggs Breakfast ToastCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Wait, put the eggs IN the toast?! That’s right! This breakfast recipe is great for mixing things up and kids love it!
1 medium slice wholemeal bread
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 large egg
- Use an upside-down glass to cut a hole in the middle of the bread.
- Mash the avocado with a fork. You can do this while avocado is still in the skin or in a bowl. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to a frying pan on high heat.
- After placing the bread slice on the pan and leaving to toast for 30 seconds, crack the egg into the hole in the bread.
- Allow to cook until the egg white is completely set and season as preferred. Turn the bread and egg over and allow to cook further while adding seasoning the bottom side.
- Add the cut-out circle of bread to the pan and toast on both sides, this can be used for dunking in the yolk.
- Serve on a plate with the mashed avocado on top of the toast & egg.
- Protein: 12g | Carbs: 23g | Fats: 28g