This easy Chinese fakeaway is great for a Saturday night in – or any night for that matter!
This recipe comes courtesy of @balancedandflexible.
You can find over 400 recipes like this perfectly portion-sized to your personal calorie needs in the Nutri-iQ app.
Chicken Fried Rice with Broccoli & Soy SauceCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Intermediate
This easy Chinese fakeaway is great for a Saturday night in – or any night for that matter! Who’s doing the washing up?
100g (dry) basmati rice
160g broccoli, florets
300g chicken breast, sliced
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
2 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
- Fill a large saucepan with boiling water 2/3 the way up over a medium-high heat. Add the rice. Stir and taste occasionally until cooked. Drain and spread on a plate to cool.
- Add the broccoli to a separate pot of boiling water, cook for about 3-5 mins and drain.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the sesame oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chicken, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken is cooked, stir the cooled rice into the pan, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and soy sauce and mix well throughout the pan. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes and serve.
- Protein: 54g | Carbs: 54g | Fats: 10g