It’s always surprising how easy it is to make a good curry.
I only recently discovered balti and madras curry pastes and oh my god they are absolute game changers.
A single teaspoon or two and your entire meal is transformed.
Chicken & Vegetable CurryCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Intermediate
I only recently discovered balti and madras curry pastes and oh my god they are absolute game changers. Find out for yourself in this recipe.
200g chicken breast
1 medium red onion, diced
2 tbsp balti curry paste
80g white mushroom
80g broccoli florets
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
100g (dry) basmati rice
- Fill a medium saucepan 2/3 of the way up with boiling water. Add the rice. Stir and taste occasionally until cooked.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the chopped onion and fry until golden brown.
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown on both sides.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and add these along with the broccoli, red bell pepper and curry paste to the pan. Stir-fry until golden.
- Add the passata, bring to a gentle simmer, and then add the other vegetables.
- Allow to cook until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 20 minutes. If the pan starts to dry out; add some cold water. Season to taste.
- Protein: 40g | Carbs: 61g | Fats: 13g