Adding a bit of ginger to your life is a great decision. It’s super tasty, and super good for you, too. Make it happen with this Coconut Ginger Chicken Recipe.
This recipe was submitted to our Recipe Library by Rachel Webb of Pro-Fit Personal Training.
Coconut Ginger ChickenCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Intermediate
Adding a bit of ginger to your life is a great decision. It’s super tasty, and super good for you, too. Make it happen with this recipe.
200g chicken breast
30g fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1tsp coriander, chopped
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric
200g tinned coconut milk
1/2 medium green chilli, deseeded and sliced
1/2 cube chicken stock
100g (dry) basmati rice
- Fill a large saucepan with boiling water 2/3 the way up over a medium-high heat. Add the rice. Stir and taste occasionally until cooked. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Chop the chicken into large chunks, place in a bowl with the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, half the coriander, lime juice and 1⁄2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix, cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and stir-fry until soft. Stir in the turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken with the marinade and cook over a high heat until browned. Add the coconut milk, chilli and stock, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Protein: 37g | Carbs: 56g | Fats: 27g