These Fishcakes with Lemony Mayo are great for a little lunch or even a snack on the go.
Plus, they’re kid-friendly if you remove the bones or swap the sardines for cod.
Fishcakes with Lemony MayoCourse: Lunch, SnackDifficulty: Intermediate
These Fishcakes with Lemony Mayo are great for a little lunch or a snack on the go. Plus, they’re great for the kids if you use cod instead.
600g potato, cut into chunks
240g sardines, in spring water, drained
3 sprigs parsley, chopped
1 wedge lemon juice
3 tbsp light mayonnaise
50g 0% fat greek yoghurt
2 tbsp plain flour
10 sprays 1-kcal cooking spray
1 wedges lemon
- Start by boiling your potatoes in a large saucepan until soft right through but be careful not to overcook. While they boil, mash up the sardines in a bowl using a fork and leaving the bones in. Stir 2 tbsp of the parsley and half of the lemon juice in with the sardines.
- Mix together the mayo and yoghurt then stir in the remaining parsley and lemon juice.
- Once the potatoes are tender, drain them and mash until smooth. Next, mix the mashed potatoes in with the sardines. Split the mixture into 8 even clumps and shape each one into fishcakes, then sprinkle flour over all of them. Leave in the fridge to chill for 5-10 minutes.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add half the cooking spray. Then 4 at a time, cook the fishcakes until both sides are well crisped and golden. Serve next to the mayo for dipping.
- Protein: 39g | Carbs: 60g | Fats: 22g