Anybody else been missing their Chinese takeaway since lockdown?
Check out this amazing Honey, Clementine & Garlic Satay Chicken recipe from @hihungryharriet.
Honey, Clementine & Garlic Satay Chicken FakeawayCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Intermediate
Missing your Chinese takeaway since lockdown? This Honey, Clementine & Garlic Satay Chicken Fakeaway has got you covered.
200g chicken breast, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
60g white mushroom, chopped
60g broccoli florets, chopped
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1/2 tsp turmeric
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
50g dry basmati rice
salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220 (fan oven 200). Fill a large saucepan with boiling water 2/3 the way up over a medium-high heat. Add the rice. Stir and taste occasionally until cooked and then drain.
- Put 2 chicken breasts on a tin foil-lined baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Make a loose tinfoil parcel and cook for about 25-35 minutes, or until cooked through but still juicy – depends on the size of the breasts.
- Once they’re done, move to a plate and shred with two forks then pour over any cooking juices left in the foil parcel. Put your broccoli on to boil or steam.
- On the chicken, pour the honey, teriyaki/soy and squeeze over the juice of the orange. Melt the peanut butter in a microwaveable bowl (be careful not to burn) and then pour onto the shredded chicken mix. Toss it all together and then set aside to marinate while you tend to the veggies.
- Thinly slice one of the garlic cloves and fry on a medium heat in a tbsp of olive oil until slightly golden.
- Chuck in your mushrooms and broccoli with some black pepper and fry for about 5 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Chuck the shredded chicken mix (and all its juices) into the same frying pan and add the turmeric to taste, a little salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Mince the remaining garlic and add to the pan – mix again.
- Leave the mixture to thicken on a medium-high heat for about 7-10 minutes then serve with the rice.
- Protein: 38g | Carbs: 60g | Fats: 13g