It feels like fakeaways have been all the rage through these lockdowns so here’s one more to add to your list:
Mangetout Pad Thai.
It’s vegetarian, nutritious and absolutely delicious.
Mangetout Pad ThaiCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Intermediate
Vegetarian, nutritious and totally delicious.
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 large egg
100g dry ribbon rice noodles
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
juice of 1 lime (2 tbsp)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp soft brown sugar
1 pinch chilli flakes
- Make the pad thai sauce by mixing the lime juice, chilli flakes, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Place the noodles in a small bowl and cover with boiling water.
- While the noodles are cooking, slice the garlic, pak choi and red bell pepper. Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a high heat and add the sliced veg and the mangetout. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Make a hole in the middle of the veg, add the egg and scramble it with the back of your spoon.
- Drain the noodles, add them to the wok along with the beansprouts and Pad Thai sauce. Cook for a couple more minutes until everything is hot.
- Pour into a bowl and top with the peanuts to serve.