Fancy an easy meal for lunch? Try this delicious Mediterranean Pasta.
It’s super quick, packed with veggies and unbelievably filling.
Mediterranean PastaCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Intermediate
Fancy an easy meal for lunch? Try this delicious Mediterranean Pasta. It’s super quick, packed with veggies and unbelievably filling.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 cube vegetable stock
150g courgette, chopped
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
75g cheddar cheese, grated
150g (dry) penne pasta
1 tbsp basil, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan and add the garlic, onions, peppers and courgettes. Cook for 5 minutes until softened and then add the tinned tomatoes, the stock cube and 100mls boiling water.
- Bring to the boil and stir to make sure the stock cube is dissolved. Simmer gently with the lid on for 20 minutes.
- Fill a large saucepan with boiling water 2/3 the way up over a medium-high heat. Add the pasta. Stir and taste occasionally until cooked. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Drain the pasta and add the sauce, sprinkle with cheese and basil and serve.
- Protein: 24g | Carbs: 82g | Fats: 22g