This Mexican Eggs In A Basket recipe is SO filling despite being only 404 calories. It’s super tasty and great for breakfast or lunch – or dinner for that matter!
Give it a try. You want regret it.
Mexican Eggs In A BasketCourse: Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Intermediate
This recipe is SO filling despite being only 404 calories. It’s super tasty and great for breakfast or lunch – or dinner for that matter!
1 tbsp olive oil
2 large whole egg
1 clove garlic, crushed
200g tinned chopped tomato
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 tsp coriander, finely chopped
1/2 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 small white onion, diced)
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Throw in the onion, garlic, cumin, chilli, and oregano and allow to cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until the onion is soft.
- Add in the tomatoes and the diced pepper together and leave to cook for a further 5 minutes. Do not stir.
- After 5 minutes the tomato, pepper, and onion base should be set. Make two holes in the base and crack your eggs in. Place a lid on the pan and leave to cook for a further 5 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Spoon out the mixture onto your plate being careful not the mash up the eggs. Or just eat it out of the pan like I do!
- Protein: 18g | Carbs: 25g | Fats: 25g