Anyone fancy a cheeky Nando’s fakeaway? Make it happen with this Peri Peri Halloumi Burger recipe.
Peri Peri Halloumi BurgerCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Intermediate
Anyone fancy a cheeky Nando’s fakeaway? Make it happen with this Peri Peri Halloumi Burger recipe. Brilliant veggie burger option.
2 tbsp medium peri peri sauce
100g halloumi, cut into four slices
1 tsp mayonnaise
1 head little gem lettuce
1 medium-sized burger bun
- Pour 1 tbsp of the peri-peri sauce into a shallow bowl and marinate the cheese in there for a few minutes.
- While the cheese marinates, mix the rest of the peri-peri
- Bring a non-stick frying pan to a dry heat and add the marinated halloumi. Dry-fry for a couple of minutes each side and pour over any remaining marinade.
- Toast your burger bun, spread the base with the peri-mayo and stack up the cheese, lettuce and tomato.
- Protein: 28g | Carbs: 27g | Fats: 33g