Those colder days sneak up on you don’t they! We’re all there, enjoying the sun, basking in the warmth, loving not having to wear 6 layers for a few days then BAM!
It’s freezing again.
Where did that come from?
Oh well, better get back to those cosy warming recipes like this delicious Provencal Chicken Stew.
Provencal Chicken StewCourse: Lunch, Dinner
Get yourself warm and cosy with this delicious Provencal Chicken Stew
400g chicken breast, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large white onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 red bell peppers, diced
2 tbsp tomato puree
800g tinned chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp basil, roughly chopped
500g white potato, peeled and chopped into 2 cm cubes
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (fan oven 150°C). Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large casserole pan. Add the onion, garlic, dried oregano and peppers. Sweat for 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add the chicken, brown on all sides.
- Stir in the tomato puree and add the tinned tomatoes and potatoes.
- Bring to the boil then place the lid on and put in the oven for 1 hour.
- Add the basil just before serving.
📝 – credit to Rachel Webb of Pro-Fit Personal Training for this recipe.