Tempeh is a fantastic source of vegan protein. And who doesn’t love a good stir-fry.
Plus, by saving on calories with cauliflower rice, this recipe is a total vegan winner.
Tempeh Stir Fry & Cauliflower RiceCourse: Lunch, Dinner
Tempeh is a great source of vegan protein and this recipe packs a huge 38g of it!
250g tempeh, sliced
1 medium head cauliflower, roughly chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 medium stalk of celery, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 large egg
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the tempeh until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Add in the celery and red bell pepper and stir until softened.
- Add the cauliflower, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and spinach. Cook until the cauliflower is soft and the spinach has wilted.
- Create room in the pan and slowly add the egg stirring until it is cooked. Sprinkle sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil before serving.
- Protein: 38g | Carbs: 46g | Fats: 20g