Get your vegan on with this Thai Green Aubergine Curry.
You know, it’s always surprising how little you miss meat in a meal as a non-vegan when the meal is absolutely delicious – like this one!
Thai Green Aubergine CurryCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Intermediate
This Thai Green Aubergine curry is a delicious vegan dinner option to mix up your week. Cashew nuts for crunch just seals the deal.
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 medium spring onions, finely sliced
1 whole aubergine, finely diced
2 tbsp thai green curry paste
1 tbsp lemongrass paste
200g tinned coconut milk
40g green beans, halved
1 tsp soy sauce
1 juice of 1 lime
5g basil, fresh leaves
10g cashews, toasted
110g (dry) basmati rice
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the rice. Cook until the rice soft. Taste it every so often to find out if it’s ready. Once it is, rinse it through a sieve and spoon into two bowls.
- While the rice cooks, in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the coconut oil, spring onions and aubergine. Fry for around 4 minutes until everything begins to soften.
- Stir in the lemongrass and curry paste. Cook for 1 minute then add the coconut milk followed by 200ml of water. Turn up to a high heat and leave the curry to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 5 minutes, add the green beans and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Take the curry off the heat and season with the soy sauce and lime juice to your preference. Spoon the curry into the rice bowls, topping with the basil leaves and toasted cashew nuts.
- Protein: 11g | Carbs: 73g | Fats: 30g