Anybody else been feeling the days and nights getting a little colder?
Get winter-ready with this delicious Winter Beef Stew recipe.
This recipe was submitted our Recipe Library by Rachel Webb of Pro-Fit Personal Training.
Winter Beef StewCourse: Lunch, Dinner
Anybody else been feeling the days and nights getting a little colder? Get winter-ready with this cosy Winter Beef Stew recipe.
500g extra lean diced beef
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large white onion, finely chopped
2 clove garlic , crushed
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 medium stalk of celery, chopped
2 tbsp tomato puree
800g tinned chopped tomatoes
4 cubes beef stock, made up to 800ml
2 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 170C (fan oven 150C). Heat the oil in a large casserole pot. Add the beef and brown on all sides.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, then add the tinned tomatoes, beef stock and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil then place the lid on and put in the oven for 2 hours.
- Serve with steamed cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower.
- Protein: 61g | Carbs: 32g | Fats: 17g